Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I can hardly believe the end of the year is almost here! As we gather together as a faith community over the next several weeks, we will be reminded of the profound impact we can make on the lives of our fellow members and our community through our collective stewardship.
Stewardship: A Sacred Calling
Stewardship is an integral part of our faith journey. It is an opportunity for us to express our gratitude to God for the abundant blessings we have received. The act of giving is not just about our financial resources; it reflects our love, faith, and commitment to our church and its mission. Stewardship is a sacred calling that enables us to fulfill our role in God’s plan.
Your Gifts, Our Ministry
Your gifts help our church to grow and thrive by supporting our worship services, outreach programs, and community events. Your financial support and volunteer service are instrumental in:
- Providing a welcoming and safe place for worship, fellowship, ministry, and community groups.
- Offering spiritual growth opportunities for all ages.
- Extending a helping hand to those in need.
- Each year our church pledges $10,000 in support to Beatitudes.
- Our church has helped the students of Ada Schools by paying off lunch and school fee debt and by donating shoes and school supplies.
- Our members serve our community through the Food Pantry, service clubs, mission projects and more.
- Sharing the love of Jesus Christ through numerous outreach opportunities.
Our Stewardship Campaign
This year, we are excited to announce our annual stewardship campaign focused on the five pledges of membership: prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. Our goal is to inspire each member and friend of our congregation to prayerfully consider their stewardship commitment for the coming year.
- Prayers and Presence: Consider how you will give of your time and prayers for our church, community, and world.
- Gifts: Consider making a regular financial commitment, whether through online giving, mail, or in-person offerings.
- Service and Witness: Consider how you are uniquely gifted and called to serve others and share the good news of Jesus Christ by leading or volunteering in one or more of our church’s ministry areas.
We invite you join us each Sunday, from Oct. 22-Nov. 12 at 10am, as we explore our call to stewardship. Then, on Nov. 12, we will collectively dedicate our commitments to God during the worship service and will celebrate another meaningful and life changing year of ministry with a time of refreshments and fellowship after the worship service.
In the coming days, you will receive the stewardship commitment information through email. Hard copies are available in the church office or at worship, and the electronic files can be downloaded and printed out at home using these links (Pledge Form and Stewardship Opportunities Form). We encourage you to fill it out, indicating your commitment to give of your prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness, in response to God’s call on your life.
Thank You for Your Generosity and Service
We want to express our heartfelt gratitude for your unwavering support. Your generosity and service are the foundation upon which our church’s mission stands. Together, we are Christ’s hands and feet, sharing love and hope through our community and world.
Yours in Christ,
Rev. Brandi Rigsby
Our Church's Service Ministries
1. Ada Food Pantry provides groceries and personal care items to individuals and families in need in our community. They have also begun packing weekend meal bags for the students of Ada Schools who qualify for free lunches. For more information or to find out how you might help please contact Pastor Brandi (email@example.com) or Beth Gray.
2. Beatitudes (formerly known as ReStore) offers free meals and discounted clothing and household items to anyone who comes through the doors. Assistance with bills, healthcare needs, recovery and other referral services are also offered. Our church provides $10,000 in support annually to support the ministry of Beatitudes. For more information, please contact Pastor Brandi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Director Deb Curless.
3. Ready, Set, Grow Daycare and Preschool provides childcare and preschool classes for children ages 3-5. While privately owned, the center is not only housed in our church building but supported by our congregation with resources, volunteers, and outreach opportunities (trick or treat, Suter's fun day, VBS, Christmas Eve family service, supply donations, etc.). For more info or to help support Ready, Set, Grow, please contact Pastor Brandi (email@example.com) or Jami Dellifield (owner).
4. United Women in Faith is a group of more 500,000 members worldwide that have been in mission for more than 140 years. Each year UMW members raise nearly $20 million for works of justice, compassion, and advocacy around the world. The UMW supports programs to educate, empower, and equip women, children, and youth. They work tirelessly to create systemic change through the sharing of God's love and generosity. To learn more please contact Pastor Brandi (firstname.lastname@example.org), Cathy Smalley, or any United Women in Faith member.
Our Church's Kingdom Glorifying
and Building Ministries
1. Choir - Our choir not only glorifies God through song on Sunday mornings, but also serves as a small group for its members. Please see Scott Henning, our choir director, or our main office (email@example.com) for more info.
2. Sunday School - Our adult class (open to anyone over 13) meets in room 205 on Sundays at 9am. They dive deep into discussions on theology, the Bible, and issues we face in our daily living. For more info, please contact Terry Maris, Connie Fleming, or our main office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Children's Church - Children's church is for
children ages 3 through 3rd grade and meets during the worship service in the downstairs
classrooms. There is a preschool age class and an elementary class each
with age appropriate Bible curriculum aimed at helping children learn
the biblical stories and basics of our faith. For more info or to
volunteer please contact Anna Yoakam (email@example.com), our Family Ministry Director. (Additionally, parents can sit in the nursery upstairs for children under 3 and participate in worship via the TV monitor.)
4. Youth Group - The youth group is for
students in grades 7-12 and meets every other Sunday evening. They meet
for Bible study, life application lessons, and service projects. Also,
once a month, they come together for a fun trip you won't want to miss
(i.e. corn maze, Cedar Point, concerts, snow tubing). Please contact
Anna Andre (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info or to volunteer as an adult chaperone.
5. Small Groups - OWLS is monthly meal and program for those over 50. Our church also hosts numerous Women's circles, a Men's share group, and seasonal Bible Studies. For more info please contact Pastor Brandi (email@example.com).
6. Bell Choir - As of 2021, Ada First UMC is the proud owner of a set of handbells! Please see Scott Henning, our choir director, or our main office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you'd like information about joining this group and/or learning to play the bells.
Weekly Giving Guide
Step 1: Determine what percent of your income you currently give to God's work through Ada First United Methodist Church.
Step 2: Ask God to guide you to determine the percent of your income to give weekly in 2024 and coming years to grow to a tithe and beyond.
|Annual Income||Weekly First-time Giving||Weekly Occasional Giving||Weekly Intentional Giving||Weekly Tithing Abundantly|
Will You GROW One Step in 2024?
Please prayerfully consider how God is leading you to grow in 2024
as you support the work of Ada First United Methodist Church.