About Ada First UMC

A Brief History of Our Church

In the village of Ada, Methodism can be traced  back to 1852.  The congregation of Ada First United Methodist Church first met in the old school-house, then a two-story wooden church in 1868, and finally moved into the new stone church on June 18, 1899.  On March 13, 2012, a massive fire destroyed the structure at 301 N. Main St.   After worshiping at Ohio Northern University's English Chapel for three years, in March, 2015, we moved back to 301 N. Main St. in our new building.