For Online Pledge and Commitment Forms, click here.
For Printable / Mail-able Copies of the Pledge and Commitment Forms, click here.
Message from Pastor Brandi
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
It is a privilege to write to you again as we look forward to another year of doing God’s kingdom work together. I continue to feel incredibly blessed and honored to be your pastor as God leads us into a new season of life and ministry. Today, I am writing on behalf of the stewardship committee, as this is the time of the year when we each have the opportunity to pledge our support through our prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness to Ada First UMC for the coming year.
As Christians, our acts of stewardship flow forth from our gratitude toward God. Though faithful stewardship is a value that we practice year-round, each Fall we take up a special emphasis on stewardship and invite all participants in the life of the church to consider how they will support God's mission through our congregation in the coming year.
During the month of November, members and friends of Ada First UMC are invited to pray about how they will give to the ministries of the church through their gifts, tithes, and service during the coming year. Ministry and Tithing commitment cards will be posted to the church website and emailed out the second week of November. We would like to invite you to complete your commitment cards online, send them to the church office, or bring them to worship on November 20. Not only do these commitment cards help our leaders make important financial, programing, and mission plans for the church's ministry, but it also helps each of us respond with gratitude toward God’s call upon our lives.
I am looking forward to another year of serving God and doing ministry together in our community and world.
Yours in Christ,
Rev. Brandi Rigsby
Our Church's Service Ministries
1. Ada Food Pantry provides groceries and personal care items to individuals and families in need in our community. They have also begun packing weekend meal bags for the students of Ada Schools who qualify for free lunches. For more information or to find out how you might help please contact Pastor Brandi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Beth Gray.
2. Beatitudes (formerly known as ReStore) offers free meals and discounted clothing and household items to anyone who comes through the doors. Assistance with bills, healthcare needs, recovery and other referral services are also offered. Our church provides $10,000 in support annually to support the ministry of Beatitudes. For more information, please contact Pastor Brandi (email@example.com) or Director Deb Curless.
3. Ready, Set, Grow Daycare and Preschool provides childcare and preschool classes for children ages 3-5. While privately owned, the center is not only housed in our church building but supported by our congregation with resources, volunteers, and outreach opportunities (trick or treat, Suter's fun day, VBS, Christmas Eve family service, supply donations, etc.). For more info or to help support Ready, Set, Grow, please contact Pastor Brandi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jami Dellifield (owner).
4. United Methodist Women is a group of more 500,000 members worldwide that have been in mission for more than 140 years. Each year UMW members raise nearly $20 million for works of justice, compassion, and advocacy around the world. The UMW supports programs to educate, empower, and equip women, children, and youth. They work tirelessly to create systemic change through the sharing of God's love and generosity. To learn more please contact Pastor Brandi (email@example.com), Cathy Smalley, or any UMW member.
Our Church's Kingdom Glorifying
and Building Ministries
1. Choir - Our choir not only glorifies God through song on Sunday mornings, but also serves as a small group for its members. Please see Scott Henning, our choir director, or our main office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info.
2. Sunday School - Our adult class (open to anyone over 13) meets in room 205 on Sundays at 9am. They dive deep into discussions on theology, the Bible, and issues we face in our daily living. For more info, please contact Terry Maris, Connie Fleming, or our main office (email@example.com).
3. Children's Church - Children's church is for
children ages 3 through 3rd grade and meets during the worship service in the downstairs
classrooms. There is a preschool age class and an elementary class each
with age appropriate Bible curriculum aimed at helping children learn
the biblical stories and basics of our faith. For more info or to
volunteer please contact Anna Yoakam (firstname.lastname@example.org), our Family Ministry Director. (Additionally, parents can sit in the nursery upstairs for children under 3 and participate in worship via the TV monitor.)
4. Youth Group - The youth group is for
students in grades 7-12 and meets every other Sunday evening. They meet
for Bible study, life application lessons, and service projects. Also,
once a month, they come together for a fun trip you won't want to miss
(i.e. corn maze, Cedar Point, concerts, snow tubing). Please contact
Anna Andre (email@example.com) for more info or to volunteer as an adult chaperone.
5. Small Groups - OWLS is monthly meal and program for those over 50. Our church also hosts numerous Women's circles, a Men's share group, and seasonal Bible Studies. For more info please contact Pastor Brandi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
6. Bell Choir - As of 2021, Ada First UMC is the proud owner of a set of handbells! Please see Scott Henning, our choir director, or our main office (email@example.com) if you'd like information about joining this group and/or learning to play the bells.
Weekly Giving Guide
Step 1: Determine what percent of your income you currently give to God's work through Ada First United Methodist Church.
Step 2: Ask God to guide you to determine the percent of your income to give in 2023 and coming years to grow to a tithe and beyond.
|Annual Income||First-time Giving||Occasional Giving||Intentional Giving||Tithing Abundant|
Will You GROW One Step in 2023?
Please prayerfully consider how God is leading you to grow in 2023
as you support the work of Ada First United Methodist Church.
Online Commitment Forms
2023 Stewardship Pledge Form - sent ONLY to the Financial Secretary, Lauren Smith
2023 Service Opportunities Form - sent to Pastor Brandi
Printable / Mailable Commitment Forms
2023 Stewardship Pledge & Commitment Forms (.pdf)
2023 Children and Youth Stewardship Form (.pdf)