Message from Pastor Brandi
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Stewardship is a call from God to a certain way of living. In 1 Corinthians 3: 9, we are called “God’s coworkers.” Imagine how different this world would look if we truly lived each day as “God’s coworkers!” At baptism and through our membership in the church, we are empowered by the Holy Spirit and called to help build God’s kingdom right where we are. Building God’s kingdom on earth is not a one-time task; it’s a way of life. The stewardship of our time, talents, and treasures ultimately determine our willingness to commit our lives to God’s work here on Earth.
There is no doubt that 2020 has been a challenging year. Nonetheless, God has remained faithful and we have found glimpses of grace and hope even in the midst of uncertainty and grief. We have been forced to slow down and reconnect with our family, friends, and church in new ways. In many respects, we have grown stronger and wiser through this adversity. While most of us would not want to repeat 2020, we still can be grateful for what we have and we can move into 2021 with hope in our hearts. It is my prayer and desire that 2021 will be a year of renewal and reconnection for our church and our world.
Over the next few weeks, we will be called to renew and reconnect with our baptismal vows to live as generous and faithful stewards of God’s call upon our lives as coworkers for God’s kingdom. I’d like to invite each of us to prayerfully consider how we might renew our commitment to kingdom living through our prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness.
On Sunday, November 15th, we will conclude our annual stewardship campaign and consecrate our commitment by submitting our completed 2021 Commitment Cards. This year we are encouraging you to complete your commitment cards online in order to prevent the handling of shared paper. A link to the electronic commitment cards can be found on the church website at www.adaumc.org (online submissions will go directly to Kathy Gulbis). You can also print and mail your card to the church office to the attention of the Financial Secretary, Kathy Gulbis.
It is our hope and prayer in this stewardship season each of you will experience a renewal of God’s presence in your heart and the call upon your life.
Yours in Christ,
Rev. Brandi Rigsby
Our Church’s Service Ministries
1. Ada Food Pantry provides groceries and personal care items to individuals and families in need in our community. They have also begun packing weekend meal bags for the students of Ada Schools who qualify for free lunches. For more information or to find out how you might help please contact Pastor Brandi or Beth Grey.
2. Beatitudes (formerly known as ReStore) offers free meals and discounted clothing and household items to anyone who comes through the doors. Assistance with bills, healthcare needs, recovery and other referral services are also offered. Our church provides $10,000 in support annually to support the ministry of Beatitudes. For more information please contact Pastor Brandi or Director Deb Curless.
3. Ready, Set, Grow Daycare and Preschool provides childcare and preschool classes for children ages 3-5. While privately owned, the center is not only housed in our church building but supported by our congregation with resources, volunteers, and outreach opportunities (i.e. trick or treat, Sutter’s fun day, VBS, Christmas Eve family service, supply donations, etc.). For more info or to help support RSG, please contact Pastor Brandi or Jami Dellifield (owner).
4. United Methodist Women is a group of more 800,000 members worldwide that have been in mission for more than 140 years. Each year UMW members raise nearly $20 million for works of justice, compassion, and advocacy around the world. The UMW supports programs to educate, empower, and equip women, children, and youth. They work tirelessly to create systemic change through the sharing of God’s love and generosity. To learn more please contact Pastor Brandi, Cathy Smalley, or any UMW member.
Our Church’s Kingdom Glorifying and Building Ministries
1. Choir - Our choir not only glorifies God through song on Sunday mornings, but also serves as a small group for its members. Rehearsals are on Thursdays at 7pm and Sunday mornings at 9:15am. All are invited to give it a try, regardless of music experience or knowledge. We are especially looking for new members for the Cantata on Dec. 8. Please see Scott Henning, our choir director, for more info.
2. Sunday School - Our adult class (open to anyone over 13) meets in room 205 on Sundays at 9am. They dive deep into discussions on theology, the Bible, and issues we face in our daily living. For more info, please contact Terry Maris or Dave Lusk.
3. Children’s Church - Children’s church is for children ages 3 through 3rd grade (there is a nursery upstairs for children under 3) and meets during the worship service in the downstairs classrooms. There is a preschool age class and an elementary class each with age appropriate Bible curriculum aimed at helping children learn the biblical stories and basics of our faith. For more info or to volunteer please contact Anna Yoakam, our Family Ministry Director.
4. Youth Group - The youth group meets is for students in grades 7-12 and meets every other Sunday evening. They meet for Bible study, life application lessons, and service projects. Also, once a month, they come together for a fun trip you won’t want to miss (i.e. corn maze, Cedar Point, concerts, snow tubing). Please contact Anna Yoakam for more info or to volunteer as an adult chaperone.
5. Small Groups - OWLS is monthly meal and program for those over 50. Our church also hosts numerous Women’s circles, a Men’s share group, and seasonal Bible Studies. For more info please contact pastor Brandi.
Weekly Giving Guide
Step 1: Determine what percent of your income you currently give to God’s work through Ada First United Methodist Church.
Step 2: Ask God to guide you to determine the percent of your income to give in 2021 and coming years to grow to a tithe and beyond.
|Annual Income||First-time Giving||Occasional Giving||Intentional Giving||Tithing Abundant|
Will You GROW One Step in 2021?
Please prayerfully consider how God is leading you to grow in 2021
as you support the work of Ada First United Methodist Church.
Online Commitment Forms (Complete both)
“… God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work” (2 Cor. 9:8).